this morning it was crepe time. they are easy and sweet and buttery and just delicious for a special breakfast.
& here's how we made ours:
We found the recipe on AllRecipes.com here. Pretty basic.
1. Whisk flour and eggs, slowly add milk and water, then add butter and salt. It will be runny, so don't freak out. it's just how it's supposed to be.
2. Take a frying pan and put it on medium-low heat on the stove. (I put mine in between the 3 and the 4.)
melt butter in it until there's enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. swirl it around until the crepe batter covers the area of the bottom of the pan.
4. Cook on medium-low heat until the bottom is stiff enough to lift off without tearing. Flip it over and cook the other side until it appears to be all done.
5. then load it with a bunch of stuff. we picked bananas, cool whip and chocolate syrup this morning.
6. dust it with some powdered sugar (if you so desire) and put it in your face. mmm, tasty tasty! and i promise.. if i can cook it, so can you.
happy crepe eating!