feel like being awesome and having my button on your blog..and yours on mine?
do you want to be uber great by having your face on MY blog with your very own post?
do you want people to drool over how cool you are because you know me??
1. today is my 1 year anniversary at Intermountain Healthcare. i got an ecard from my boss and everythang.
2. we saw MI: ghost protocol over the weekend. i'm a huge supporter of tom cruise movies, but this one just about takes the cake. like omigosh. when he runs down the building? i peed.
3. for our annivesary, we're going to run away.
4. i've recently fallen in love with the baker's dozen chocolate chip cookies at Dan's. we bought some over the weekend, and went and got 2 more bags yesterday.
5. we sat down, did & filed our taxes last night... since when did we grow up?
6. i cry almost everytime i read this blog. they're so strong.
7. how about getting my hair done again? i'm thinking blonde.
8. if i threw a tea party this spring, how many of you want to come? even if it's zero, i've been planning one anyways. & it will happen.
9. i want an iPhone. re.......ally bad. mainly for instagram purposes.
10. I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY too.
11. i wish, more than anything right now, that i could tell you to read Hailey's blog. but i can't, because it's private. it's like our own secret bloggership. she's amazing & inspirational & sometimes i wish i was as classy as she is, but then i remember that i like being rogue. she's one person i'd drive all the way to a different state to meet.
she's the one that tagged me in this 11 questions thing, but i don't follow rules. so here are the answers to her questions she asked me to answer, & that's it.
1. if you met someone and hated their name, would that influence if you dated them? and if you already have a significant other, do you like their name?
not at all. unless it was, like, ted bundy. then i'd double think that relationship. and of course i love nick's name. it's hammer. like, hammertime? that's what my boss calls me.
2. what is your proudest moment?
not including high school graduation, is anytime i finish something. which is almost never.
3. what is your favorite way to procrastinate?
oh, you know. facebook, playing with my cameras, re-doing my blog, sleeping. the usual.
4. if you could only eat one kind of dessert forever what would you choose?
chocolate chip cookies & cookie dough, duh.
5. do you feel awkward talking to people who are wearing sunglasses that you can see your reflection in or is that just me?
darling, that's just you. i feel more awkward when i'm wearing sunglasses and people stare at me but don't realize that i'm watching the people watching me. (jack johnson reference) and then they do the shifty eye thing where they're trying to look at you but aren't sure if you're looking at them, so they keep staring.
6. do you love anything striped right now?
what do i not love that is striped? i love all the striped things.
7. do you write in a journal and blog? why?
yes, because i've drawn the line between blog/journal appropriate. i now keep a moleskine that says "field notes" at the top and take it everywhere i go. then i get to my blog and it's like, oh, i don't have anything more to say. hmm. what's the most interesting part? and then i blog it.
8. what is your unrealistic fantasy career?
it's a slash career. mother/freelance nat geo photographer/graphic designer for a magazine/hair stylist/radiology technician specializing in ultrasounds/traveler of the world/italian fashion icon.
9. what is the most awkward situation you can think of?
going to church & starting my period all over myself. then going to the bathroom, and when i come back i accidentally tuck my skirt into the back of my tights, and then i have to walk to the front of the congregation & having the bishop tell me my skirt is up. then i start running back down the aisle and i trip into a pew and pass out. that's the worst i can think of.
10. are you an organized person?
technically, yes. my desktop on my computer, all my pictures, everything on my computer is always organized. i save bills and receipts. my desk at work has to be organized or i can't work. but when it comes to dishes & laundry.... thank you, no.
11. have you ever had to tell someone that you couldn't be their friend anymore?
oh yeah. it sucks too. but when a friendship becomes poisonous, you need to get out or risk becoming something you're not. i've had many, many friends who i've had to say "okay, please stop or i can't be your friend anymore" and they didn't change. so i had to leave them alone. and then somewhere in the future, like your wedding, they show up and everything is fine again between you two. it works out in the end.
on a happy note, there are only 21 days until the first day of spring. holla!
look, big pictures of my husband! now that's my kind of post.
it's been pretty laid back around here. we made heart shaped whole wheat cinnamon rolls with healthy helpings of cream cheese frosting, and i took pictures of nick for my own personal benefit (and then made his eyes look like cyborg eyes. muah ha ha!)
we're coming up on our first year anniversary, and it's making me think about everything that's happened and everything i've learned since last march. which is a lot.
crazy daisy, right? right. now it's just figuring out how to celebrate using our tax return money. ideas, ideas.
well, have a good sunday. take care, homies!
1. i believe that sugar cookies w/ pink frosting are the best things ever invented on this planet. ever. some say that the Granny B cookies are the winners, but no; it's the homemade cookies at Harmons that win. i have never tasted anything so great in my life.
2. inside, i secretly want to be a hipster. just secretly. although i'm about halfway there (the thrift stores, the gender-line-blurring haircut, the glasses, the tea obsession, the blogging, the not caring, the graphic design major) and i've still got a ways to go, it's not like i'm striving. or anything.
3. i do not want a baby anymore. someday i'll have them. but right now? it's potentially the furthest "item of yearning" on my mind, and is more likely to blind-side me on some idle tuesday when i stumble across someone's blog who says something about their baby/soon to be baby. every newlywed goes through the "oh my gosh. we can actually have babies. and start a family! yeah!" and i'm glad i had it and now it's over. it makes being with nick alone so much more fun!
4. i'm officially going to UVU starting this summer! what the what? yes. i'm putting my pride on the shelf and doing it. i want to finish my degree, i'm already a year into it and i'm not about to give up. i need to graduate from college. need. so, i'm gonna do it. hello night, weekend, & online classes! we're now bff's. can't wait to see all you fellow Wolverines on campus! let's catch up some time & drink hot chocolate. or skip class.
5. when i grow up, i want to have a wedding business with my mom & sisters. (okay, maybe my dad and brothers, too.) meg can do the catering, my mom can do the decorating & vendors, i want to do the graphic design & invitations (and be the event planner, etc.) and ally can do photography! it's the perfect match. someday, someday...
best valentine's day, ever.
nick had flowers delivered to me at work on monday so i could enjoy them longer.
on actual valentine's day, i stopped by the store to get some goodies after work, and i came home to a completely spotless apartment that smelled amazing.
there were even rose petals all over the bed (aww)
then i set up my strawberries and what nots, and after i picked Nick up from school we dropped by to get our food from Pei Wei.
we had our own little picnic at the house, complete with candles, christmas lights, & cuddling.
then we finished the night off with a few episodes of Hey Arnold, Psych, and "guess which flavor of chocolate this is!"
amazing. simply amazing. hope yours was just as great & love filled!
Happy half-priced Valentine's cookies at the store day!
i made a bunch of valentines to print out while i was at my parent's house (we don't have a printer at our house.... yet)
but it turns out that it's completely out of ink.
so, since i can't print them out, you most certainly can.
nick introduced me to this foreign candy, and i just can't get enough. it's like if christina aguilara was a mamba, she would be a Hi-Chew. i recommend buying some from the grocery store immediately.
my striped throw i got at ikea & my Pics-O-Andrea pillow case i won from Lauren's giveaway.
my favorite outfit of the moment.
another foreign candy my momma gave to me. it's the german version of what the perfect twix bar would be= replacing the caramel with truffle chocolate. mm tasty!
we put fake gerber daisies into mexican sprite bottles.
my puppy trying to desperately to play with her torn-to-shreds tennis ball.
& last but not least, the Wen by Chaz Dean cleansing conditioner. it really does exactly what it says it will: it cleans your hair without stripping it of natural moisture, and it's so, so healthy. i used it with my long hair too, & it's simply divine.